Skip to main content

Quintessentially Q (Monsters in the Dark #2) by Pepper Winters

“Fly away, esclave, if that is what you want. I won’t stop you.”



If you thought Tears of Tess was dark … you haven’t seen anything yet.

In the second book of the Monsters in the Dark series, Pepper Winters takes everything you thought you knew, everything you thought you could handle and obliterates it.


There’s no question that Q and Tess aren’t a conventional couple. Their story is dark, twisted and rippling with forbidden. Yet it is also one of bone-deep connection and soul-searing love. Their connection is insane and it’s weaved into every fibre of their being.

Tess is a force to be reckoned with, she’s incredibly strong and courageous. I loved her from the first book and that’s only grown with this book. While I read I just kept thinking, I would love to be her friend.



Q is … well … Q. He lets himself be free from restraint and that doesn’t look cute in any way, shape or form. He gives in to the beast and does everything in his ability to save Tess even at the cost of himself.

Both Q and Tess go through it during this book—lots will turn your stomach and it will truly test your tolerance to violence and evil. But—and it’s a big but—if you can handle it, it’s the most incredible gift.



The writing is superb and the story is complex and consuming. I’ve never wanted to stop reading and yet couldn’t stop reading so much in my life. Each page was full of longing, emotion and a lot of the time, violence. But it’s a vital part of the story and if you’ve read Tears of Tess, you know what you’ve signed up for with this series.



It really isn’t for everyone and that’s okay. Everyone is allowed to enjoy whatever fiction they like. It’s escapism and fantasy while you read, so read what feeds your soul.

For the lovers of true darkness … come step deeper into their world.

*Please head over to Pepper's website and read all trigger warnings for this book and series. It's not light. It's not fluffy. Please read responsibly!















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gabriel's Inferno (Gabriel's Inferno #1) by Sylvain Reynard

“If I have a soul, it's yours.” This is another re-read for me and one that I have absolutely loved. My love for The Professor started way back in 2013 when I read Gabriel’s Inferno for the first time, I’ve reread him many times since then, but as has happened with a lot of my rereads recently, I’ve rediscovered just how much I love them and have found I appreciate them on a much deeper level—perhaps it’s age? Perhaps it’s therapy? I don’t know but I adore it. It’s like discovering them for the first time again in a lot of ways and truly feels like a gift. There are so many reasons I love this series and it’s going to be really difficult to sufficiently put into words just how much this book means to me. You see, when a series has been with you through a really difficult time, for me anyway, it attaches itself to your soul. It becomes a part of you and this series is most definitely a part of me. Gabriel has, since the first time I met him, been one of my top five (possibly top t...

Driven (book one) by K. Bromberg

  You know when you discover something so fantastic you wish you'd known about it your whole life? This is one of those books. I discovered K.Bromberg early into her writing career and haven’t looked back since.   At first when I started reading I thought I knew what kind of book this was going to be. You meet Rylee and you learn pretty quickly she’s a force to be reckoned with. She’s fierce brave and strong and I love that. You get introduced to Colton very early and he appears to be like so many other alpha males in romance books. Oh, how wrong I was. As the story unfolds, you realise that for all his bluster and dirty talk, Colton is a damaged and deeply feeling guy who doesn’t know how to let anyone in. Their chemistry is insane and the push-pull of their relationship will have you longing for more. It’s a deeply emotional story and one that I have read a number of times and fall more in love with each time I read it. It is without a doubt one of the best trilogies out th...

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by JK Rowling

As a ten year old girl in desperate need of escape, I first discovered the world of Harry Potter.   At the time, it was to my ten year old brain, exciting and very much a world I wanted to be a part of. It was packed full of everything I craved—friends, mischief and magic. As an adult, it’s remained   that but with a much more complex understanding of what all those things mean. When we meet Harry he doesn’t have a place. He’s bullied by his cousin, ignored by his aunt and uncle and desperate for someone to see him, to really see him and to listen. When strange letters begin to arrive his world gets turned upside down and finally, after a giant of a man named Hagrid, tells him he's a wizard, his life begins to fall into place. He heads off to Hogwarts and embarks on a journey of not only magical discovery, but a personal one too. There is layer upon layer of heartbreaking discovery for Harry. He learns not only about this new, exciting world but he also learns about himself an...